MeeGenius is searching for the next great author! We encourage all aspiring authors to submit, whether you're a published writer or just trying it out for the first time! We are looking for books about animals, sports, and any stories with an engaging voice, so be creative and explore where your characters can go!
The grand prize winner's book will be professionally edited, beautifully illustrated, enhanced with MeeGenius features, and then published to all of our digital platforms.
$1,500 Cash Prize
The grand prizewinner will receive a $1,500 cash prize and a royalty share for his/her book.
Submissions close July 13
Manuscripts will be reviewed by the MeeGenius in-house editorial staff and a panel of bestselling MeeGenius authors
Up to 10 finalists announced at the end of July
- For picture books, the entire manuscript for your story should be submitted.
- For chapter book, early readers, or short stories, the submission must include one chapter of the book as well as a detailed outline of the entire story. Full manuscripts are also accepted if already written.
Formatting for Picture Books
- Make sure to Download the Example Manuscript, which demonstrates the proper formatting for your entry. Entries that do not follow this formatting may be disqualified.
- Triple-space between pages, and label the page number in the manuscript (please see the example manuscript).
- No text formatting, all of the type should be the same size and style.
Formatting for Chapter Books, Early Readers, and Short Stories
- Each page should be roughly 250-350 words per page.
- Double-space between pages, and label the page number in the manuscript.
- Clearly label the chapters in a table of contents and within the book itself.
- Do not double or triple space between your sentences.
- No text formatting, all of the type should be the same size and style. Bold and italic are acceptable.
- Please do not submit any illustrations with your manuscript.
- Picture book stories should be between 15 and 40 pages in length and under 500 words total.
- Chapter book and short stories should be up to 80 pages in length in their entirety (this does not need to correlate with the number of pages in Microsoft Word).
- MeeGenius' audience for the author challenge is children up to the age of 12. Picture books should be targeted to young children up to age 8 and chapter books should be targeted to children between the ages of 7 and 12.
- MeeGenius will not accept any entries with language or themes that are inappropriate for children.
- Any content that resembles or directly plagiarizes another published work will not be considered.
- Please review the Official Rules and Conditions.